Recurring Bookings for WooCommerce
What does it do?
This plugin adds an important but missing feature of WooCommerce’s Bookings extension, the ability to make recurring bookings.
Recurring Bookings for WooCommerce allows you to manually add repeated bookings that take place at the same time every week. Ideal for regular customers at anywhere you accept bookings or appointments. Just what you need if you hire a hall to a weekly yoga class, or want to offer a ten-week course of physiotherapy. The possible uses are endless.
Please let me know how you get on with the plugin, and what features you’d like to see added.
Where can I get it?
Recurring Bookings for WooCommerce is available on the WordPress Plugin Repository.
How do I use it?
- Install the plugin as usual
- I strongly suggest you make a backup of your database. This plugin has the ability to make potentially thousands of erroneous bookings with the press of a button. While this will not cause your site to crash, you will need to manually delete these new bookings, which could take a very long time. Therefore, should something go wrong, a database backup means you can simply revert back to before you made the change.
- Select which user will 'own' these recurring bookings
- Select which product the recurring bookings will be for
- Enter the start time and finish time of the booking. It is critically important that the times you enter must match the rules for that particular product. Bookable products are created with a set of restrictions, for instance, fixed blocks of one hour. This means that every booking for that product must be exactly 60 minutes long. If the base booking does not follow these rules, no booking can be created. A really easy way of determining what booking dates, times and lengths are valid is to look on the public calendar (as if you are a customer making a single booking). If the booking is available on that calendar, then go ahead and use it!
- Next, enter the first booking date. This is the first booking in the series, and is the booking the subsequent bookings will be based on. You can only select dates in the future.
- Finally, enter the number of times the booking will recur. This should include the date selected above, so represents the TOTAL number of bookings you need.
- Hit the 'Create Bookings' button. The plugin will do its work and let you know when it's done. I strongly suggest you head to the bookings list view and make sure it looks as expected.
- Congratulations! You've just saved yourself lots of time. If you found the plugin useful, please consider buying the professional version, or buying me some chicken wings. Please also give me some feedback or suggestions for the next version in the comments below! Finally, please give the plugin your rating back over here.